Pathways to Care
Helping individuals and families address the challenges of serious illness
Life-threatening illness takes its toll not only on a patient, but also on the patient's family. With funding from UJA-Federation of New York, PATHWAYS TO CARE provides compassionate individual and family counseling and supportive connections when people and their loved ones face chronic or life-limiting illness.
PATHWAYS TO CARE offers an array of services including:
- Needs assessment
- Home, office and hospital visits
- Supportive individual, family and group counseling from
day of diagnosis
- Referrals to resources
- Discussion and assistance completing advance
- Advocacy (insurance, financial, legal)
- Assistance navigating complex medical systems
- Emotional support at end of life
- Bereavement counseling for individuals, families and
- On-site grief counseling
- Chronic illness support group
A new spousal bereavement group is being formed. See the flyer for details.
Through the New York State Department of Health Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver Support Initiative, WJCS' Pathways to Care program provides free professional assistance to individuals and families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. See flyer for details.
Contact Gillian Rittmaster, LMSW, co-coordinator
914-761-0600 x142; [email protected]
Jane Slevin, LMFT, coordinator
914-761-0600 x143; [email protected]
Pathways to Care is a Sharsheret Partner of Excellence