Get out the Vote!
The General Election is Nov. 3, 2020 and the deadline to register to vote in the upcoming Presidential election is October 9th.
You Can Vote Early in Westchester County at These Early Voting Centers:
- Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 from noon until 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct.. 25, 2020 from noon until 5 p.m.
- Monday, Oct.. 26, 2020 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct.. 27, 2020 from noon until 8p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct.. 28, 2020 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct.. 29, 2020 from noon until 8 p.m.
- Friday, Oct.. 30, 2020 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct.. 31, 2020 from noon until 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 1, 2020 from noon until 5 p.m.
- Eastchester Public Library, 11 Oakridge Place, Eastchester, NY 10709
- Dobbs Ferry Village Hall, 112 Main Street, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
- Greenburgh Town Hall, 177 Hillside Avenue, White Plains, NY 10607
- Veterans Memorial Building, 210 Halstead Avenue, Harrison, NY 10528
- Pound Ridge Town House, 179 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY 10576
- Mamaroneck Town Center, 740 W. Boston Post Road, Mamaroneck, NY 10543
- Kisco Memorial Complex at Leonard Park, 1 Wallace Drive, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
- Pleasant Community Center, 125 Lozza Drive, Valhalla, NY 10595
- Vernon City Hall, 1 Roosevelt Square, Mt. Vernon, NY 10550
- New Rochelle City Hall Annex – 90 Beaufort Place, 90 Beaufort Place, New Rochelle, NY 10801
- Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, 95 Broadway, Ossining, NY 10562
- Peekskill Nutrition Center – Neighborhood Center, 4 Nelson Avenue, Peekskill, NY 10566
- Somers Town House, 335 Route 202, Somers, NY 10589
- Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
- Grinton I. Will Library, 1500 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10710
- Riverfront Library, One Larkin Center, Yonkers, NY 10701
- Yorktown Cultural Center, 1974 Commerce Street, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Suggested Resources to Learn More About Voter Suppression
Videos on Voter Suppression:
"All In: The Fight for Democracy, How the Right to Vote Went Wrong." Amazon Prime film on voter suppression. https://www.amazon.com/All-Fight-Democracy-Stacey-Abrams/dp/B08FRV55VB/ref=sr_1_1?
Election 2020 Voting Rights and Voter Suppression with Jalila Jefferson-Bullock, associate professor of law, Duquesne Univ, speaks on how changes to the Voting Rights Act has led to voter suppression and may affect the 2020 election. April 1, 2020
ABC News, “Juneteenth” Video with LaTosha Brown. June 19, 2020: https://youtu.be/zJ5uRPr-y6A
Voter Suppression Still Occurs, 55 years After Voting Rights Act | The Last Word | MSNBC. Jul 31, 2020
Fighting Voter Suppression | Joevahn Scott | TEDxSistrunk. Sep 4, 2019
Carol Anderson, Professor, Emory University, on “One Person, No Vote”. Sep 20, 2018: https://youtu.be/aNwewdQkVY8),
NY Times Article:
A powerful response to.... “previous processes we used — engaging in elections in service of only the party or the person on the ballot — have not produced the outcomes we wanted…. And for Black voters, the feeling of being used without being listened to is pronounced. “