Comprehensive services and supports that address a multitude of needs for Westchester's older adults
Representing the County's largest growing segment of the population, older adults have changing and diverse needs. WJCS' counseling services combine with home and community supports to improve the quality of life of people as they age. We are also sensitive to the needs of families and offer guidance related to alternative living options, linkages to resources and referrals to a variety of source of care within and outside the agency.
A Guide to Geriatric Services, updated periodically, describes the full range of programs under our auspices.
- HOME CARE SERVICES - connecting individuals and families to home health services, Project Time Out respite care and/or electronic monitoring options
- PATHWAYS TO CARE and Bereavement Services - offering supportive services for people coping with advanced illness or bereavement issues
- PREMIUM GERIATRIC CARE MANAGEMENT providing care planning, guidance and oversight for older adults and their families
- CONNECTIONS telephone support groups linking homebound seniors
- FAMILY CAREGIVER NETWORK assisting caregivers in Westchester's rivertowns
- HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS AND SECOND/THIRD GENERATION GROUPS addressing the changing needs of Holocaust survivors and their families
- JEWISH OUTREACH PROGRAM providing case management and financial assistance to low income individuals and families
Contact: 914-949-7699 ext. 304
- LIVABLE COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS (LCC) PROJECT - under a grant from the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services, aiming to integrate the needs of elderly and disabled residents as a central part of community
- SENIOR PROGRAMS IN MT. VERNON offering a Senior Canteen, social and recreational activities, on-site Kosher meals and a Kosher meal delivery program.
NURSING HOME TRANSITION DIVERSION, a Medicaid Waiver program, helps seniors and the disabled who require a nursing home level of care, to remain in the community or to return to the community from a nursing home. WJCS service coordinators work with participants/their families to put services in place for a safe transition. Contact 761-0600 ext. 344.CLINICAL SERVICES
- FAMILY MENTAL HEALTH CLINICS offering a range of mental health and supportive services county-wide
- GERIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES providing an array of mental health services for elderly people and their families: individual, group, marital and family counseling; psychiatric evaluations and monitoring of psychotropic medication, when indicated.
Contact: Eleanor Einzig, Coordinator, Geriatric Outpatient Services
Phone: 914-949-7699 ext 429 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding the full range of Geriatric Services, contact:
Judy Fink, Director of Geriatric Services
Phone: 914-761-0600 ext 340 E-mail: email@example.com