Cultural, Social & Community Service Programs
A range of cultural and social programs engage Jewish individuals in opportunities to celebrate traditions, connect with others and become involved in community service opportunities.
- HAVORAH celebrating Jewish traditions and holidays for people with special needs
- HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS & 2nd & 3rd GENERATION GROUPS
- SENIOR PROGRAMS IN MT. VERNON including the:
SENIOR CANTEEN and KOSHER HOME-DELIVERED MEALS -
available to homebound individuals in Mount Vernon, parts of Yonkers, New Rochelle, Eastchester, Pelham and Bronxville. A hot Kosher lunch is served to participants of the Senior Canteen and Senior Programs in Mt. Vernon at Sinai Free Synagogue.
Contact: Caron Gelles, Coordinator, Kosher Meal Program
Phone: 914-668-4350 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAMILY CAREGIVER NETWORK assisting family members who care for older adults in Westchester's Rivertowns
- CHAI HOUSE - Westchester's first Kosher group home for Jewish adults with developmental disabilities
- YAD B'YAD inclusion program in conjunction with Congregation Kol Ami of White Plains to enhance social interations for Jewish teens, 13-18 years olf age, who struggle with learning, cognitive and/or emotional challenges.
For information about the full scope of WJCS programs for the Jewish community, contact
Sherry Birnbaum, LCSW, Director of Jewish Programs
Phone: 914-761-0600 ext. 140 E-mail: email@example.com