Social Worker, YPIEJob: SBP Category: Social workerContact: Human ResourcesEmail: [email protected] Location: Yonkers
If you’re looking for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding professional growth experience, Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS), the largest provider of licensed outpatient mental health services in Westchester County, has a part-time job opportunity for you. WJCS, a nonprofit, non-sectarian agency with headquarters in White Plains, NY, provides the highest quality, cutting edge, evidence-based mental health treatment to individuals and families of all ages and backgrounds throughout Westchester.
WJCS has a part-time (14 hours per week) Licensed Clinician available for social workers or mental health clinicians at our newest Yonkers Satellite Clinic providing mental health treatment and consultation as part of an after school college readiness program. Under the supervision of the Regional Director and with the support of a multidisciplinary team and in consultation with the after school program, the successful job candidate will provide comprehensive, evidence-based mental health evaluations and treatment to individuals with psychiatric concerns during a college readiness after school program that runs from 3-7 Monday through Thursday, plus 9-11 on Thursdays and 3-5 Fridays. Specific hours can be negotiated. It may be possible to combine this position with another part-time position at WJCS to obtained additional hours.
- New York State licensure or New York State license-eligibility (LMFT, LMSW, LMHC, or LCSW) is required.
- Familiarity and experience with evidenced-based treatments, knowledge of modern principles of social work, prior experience with children, community mental health, and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Bilingual English-Spanish, a plus
- Experience in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and/or experience in trauma-focused CBT is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals.
This position offers a wide range of benefits, perks, and assistance:
- Competitive Salary
- 403(b) plan.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Work in a family-like supportive environment.