Care CoordinatorJob: HH Category: Health Home
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Care Coordinator works with youth who struggle with mental health needs and/or medical needs that impact their ability to function successfully at home, school and the community
JOB DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide care coordination services to youth/adolescents.
- Provide crisis intervention and prevention services as necessary.
- Provide home and school based services to SED children and their families.
- Coordinate the care for program participants and works closely with a variety of providers and family members to ensure the youth success and positive mental wellness.
- Provide safety planning to prevent psychiatric or medical hospitalization.
- Maintain records to conform to agency policies and procedures and to
regulatory agencies directives.
- Represent the agency at community meetings and conferences as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet all the documentation requirements put forth by DOH and our Lead Health Home
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work with youth/young adults who are impacted by serious emotional needs and/or chronic medical needs.
- Good knowledge of Community resources and their use.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship and to relate well with supervisors, program officials, employees and others.
- Ability to travel to various programs and meeting sites.
Bachelors Degree with two years’ experience working with children/adolescents or
Master’s Degree with one year experience working with children/adolescents
Own vehicle and driver license needed
If you would like to be considered for the position please send your resume with cover letter to Human Resources via email, [email protected].
Our address is 845 N. Broadway, White Plains, NY 10603 and our fax number is 914-421-9066.
Visit our home on the web at www.wjcs.com WJCS is an equal opportunity employer
The agency provides a dynamic atmosphere of exciting and challenging programs. We also offer very generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage for part-time and full-time employees and dependents with a portion paid by employer
- Dental insurance
- AFLAC benefit programs
- 403(b) Plan
- Agency-paid Pension Plan
- Agency-paid Long-term Disability Insurance
- Agency-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Generous time-off benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Savings on auto or homeowner's insurance with option of payroll deductions
- Tuition assistance to help you reach your educational goals
- Day Care reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ongoing professional training and development