Medical DirectorJob: MD Category: AdminContact: Human ResourcesEmail: [email protected]
Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS) is a leading multi service non-profit human services organization in Westchester County that has been caring for the community for over 75 years. WJCS is the largest provider of Out Patient, community based behavioral health services in the County. We provide evidenced based treatment and have specializations in working with Trauma and individuals with ID/DD. Westchester Jewish Community Services strengthens communities by helping people of all ages and backgrounds overcome emotional, cognitive, physical and social challenges.
We are currently searching for a Medical Director (Part time or Full time) to provide direction and supervision to four article 31 mental health clinics and nine satellite clinics in Westchester County. This position is under the general supervision of the Assistant Executive Director of Clinic Services and is a member of the Executive Staff team.
- Manage, direct, and guide psychiatric practice in a diverse organization.
- Participate in Quality Assurance, Incident Review, and Utilization Review Committees and medical policy development and implementation.
- Analyze, interpret and implement professional research, government and licensure regulations to set standards, establish policy, and improve service delivery.
- Work with individuals with co-occurring disorders, ability to expand current practice to provide medication assisted treatment for substance use disorders.
- Supervise and lead medical staff to provide highest quality evidence based treatment as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure that all behavioral health services meet or exceed Medicaid, Medicare, and other federal, state and local standards.
- Clinically supervise all agency psychiatric staff.
- Perform and supervise comprehensive psychiatric evaluations including assessment for and prescription of medication.
- Supervise and teach clinicians formally through the WJCS Education Institute and informally in staff and clinical meetings.
- Provide clinical leadership to the APA approved psychology fellowship program through case consultation and training seminars.
What we offer:
- Excellent benefits.
- Caring Culture.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Opportunity to give back to the community.
- Job Stability and Growth Opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be a New York State Licensed Medical Doctor (MD), Board Certified in psychiatry with at least five years of post-residency experience in both clinical and administrative contexts; board certification in psychiatry and current DEA certificate. Current NY state license is required. Subspecialty Board Certification, preferably in child psychiatry, but not required if demonstrated administrative experience with child psychiatry. Experience with substance use disorder treatment preferred. Bi-lingual (English –Spanish) a plus.
At WJCS we value our employees, their contributions, and their growth. We demonstrate this commitment with much more than highly competitive benefits and compensation - we show it every day in the way we work together, embracing leadership behaviors that are recognized and rewarded throughout our system. We value you, your growth and your contributions.
If you would like to be considered for the position please send your resume with cover letter to Human Resources via email, [email protected].
Our address is 845 N. Broadway, White Plains, NY 10603 and our fax number is 914-421-9066.
Visit our home on the web at www.wjcs.com WJCS is an equal opportunity employer
The agency provides a dynamic atmosphere of exciting and challenging programs. We also offer very generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage for part-time and full-time employees and dependents with a portion paid by employer
- Dental insurance
- AFLAC benefit programs
- 403(b) Plan
- Agency-paid Pension Plan
- Agency-paid Long-term Disability Insurance
- Agency-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Generous time-off benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Savings on auto or homeowner's insurance with option of payroll deductions
- Tuition assistance to help you reach your educational goals
- Day Care reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Ongoing professional training and development