Celebrating Jewish traditions for individuals with disabilities and their families
Havorah celebrates Jewish life, holidays and traditions for individuals with disabilities who live in community residences independently or with their families. This meaningful program has been part of WJCS Partners in Caring for more than 20 years, in partnership with synagogues and JCC's throughout the county, and provides unique opportunities to experience Jewish life.
Children, teens and adults participate in holiday celebrations, Shabbat dinners and other social, educational and cultural events with members of area synagogues and Jewish community organizations.
The schedule of upcoming events (2018-2019) is listed below, or print and download the schedule here.
- Wednesday, September 5, 6:30 – 8:30PM, Celebrate Rosh Hashanah, Temple Shaaray Tefila, Bedford, NY
- Wednesday, September 26, 6:30 – 8:30PM, Celebrate Sukkot, Temple Beth Abraham, Tarrytown, NY
- Wednesday, December 5, 6:00 – 8:30PM, Celebrate Chanukah, Westchester Reform Temple, Scarsdale, NY
- Sunday, March 24, 1:30 – 3:00PM, Purim, Bet Torah, Mount Kisco, NY
- Wednesday, April 3, 5:30 – 7:30 PM, Passover (South), Beth El Synagogue Center, New Rochelle, NY
- Wednesday, April 10, 6:00 – 8:30PM, Passover (North), Temple Shaaray Tefila, Bedford, NY
- Saturday, May 4, 1:00 – 2:30 PM, Shabbat, Bet Am Shalom Synagogue, White Plains, NY
- Thursday, May 23, 6:00 – 8:00PM, Klezmer Fest, Congregation B'nai Yisrael, Armonk, NY
Havorah is funded exclusively through the generosity of individual donors. Anyone interested in supporting Havorah should contact Susan Lewen, director of development, 914-761-0600 x219 or donate online. Be sure to indicate Havorah as the program you are supporting.
Contact Barbara Murray, Havorah coordinator (914) 761-0600 x726;[email protected].
845 N Broadway, White Plains, NY, 10603