New Initiative - Programming for People with Alzheimer's Disease and Other Forms of Dementia: WJCS' provides free professional assistance to individuals and families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia (through the New York State Department of Health Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver Support Initiative). Our compassionate and specially trained staff offers:
- Care consultation and clinical assessment
- Individualized Care Planning
- Resources referral
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Discussion and completion of advanced are directives
- Specialized Home care and Respite Services
As a member of the Dementia Care Alliance (DCA), our home health aides are specially trained in best practices for dementia care to maximize safety and build relationships with individuals with dementia. Get the details about the free care consultations, home care services and support groups for individuals and their family members.
Here is some material that may be useful if you or a family members has questions or concerns about Alzheimer's or dementia:
- Article on tips for developing a personalized action plan if there is an Alzheimer's or dementia diagnosis.
For more information on the WJCS Alzheimer's and dementia initiative, contact Heidi Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-761-0600 x144.
These programs are supported through partnerships with: