Does someone you love suffer from Alzheimer's or a related Dementia? Are you a caregiver for a loved one with Alzheimer's? WJCS provides professional assistance to individuals and families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia (through the New York State Department of Health Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver Support Initiative). Our compassionate and specially trained staff offers:
- Care Consultation and Clinical Assessment
- Individualized Care Planning
- Resource Referrals
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Discussion and Completion of Advanced Directives
- Specialized Home Care and Respite Services
- Project Lifesaver (click for more info)
As a member of the Dementia Care Alliance (DCA), our home health aides are specially trained in best practices for dementia care to maximize safety and build relationships with individuals with dementia. Get the details about the free care consultations, home care services and support groups for individuals and their family members.
For more information on the WJCS Alzheimer's and dementia initiative, contact Heidi Weiss, [email protected] or 914-761-0600 x144.
These programs are supported through partnerships with: